Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oh Fabric, How I Love Thee

Yesterday I a box of fabric I ordered arrived in the mail. I told myself that I wasn't allowed to open it until I had cleaned half of the living room. (I often have to bribe myself to clean.) New fabric is so full of win. What I had ordered was fabric for a new baby quilt I want to make and some neat 30s retro fabric for some quilted place mats.  Here are the two sets, edges pinked and ready for the washing machine:

Baby Quilt

30s retro fabric

Of course, I can't really start focus on a new project until my current one is finished. That has become my new rule, because otherwise I have 15 unfinished projects lying around. My current project is a twin size quilt and sham for my sister.

I took a break from writing this and I am thrilled to say that the quilt is finished! I am very pleased with it. I had a few mistakes on the back of the quilt which needed to be fixed, and I decided to hand sew them. Now, I haven't hand sewed anything since I was like 12 so I was hoping it wouldn't turn out too poorly. The fabric I worked with was very forgiving so it actually turned out quite nicely. I mean, I'm sure Mary Ingalls wouldn't be impressed, but it's sufficient for my standards. My sister is a awesome photographer, so I had her take some pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment